[DRBD-user] "Simple" LVM without clvmd?

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Thu Jun 2 22:41:41 CEST 2011

I'm wondering if there is a simple way of using lvm on drbd without the
headache of clvmd.  Getting clvmd and corosync to run on Ubuntu is very
much a square-peg/round-hole situation.  I hate the way clvmd can lock me
out of vg's for no good reason.  Heartbeat, corosync, and clvmd seems to be
overkill for what I'm doing - two KVM boxes with drbd backing store.  Would
be more appropriate to crontab vgscan?