[DRBD-user] DRBD on XenServer

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Sun Jul 31 13:49:48 CEST 2011

You will only "see" the node resources on the primary node.

On the master node, stop all processes using the drbd resource (I'll call it
r0) and "drbdadm secondary r0".
On the slave node, "drbdadm primary r0". Now the resource is available on
the slave node.

In practice, you have to trust a status of "Up-To-Date" in most situations.
Accessing the "slave" node while secondary would most likely corrupt it
(unless it's cluster aware - a different issue all together). drbd prevents
that (accessing a secondary resource).

hth

Dan