[DRBD-user] Deleting directories/files from drbd drive getting hung for some time.

Balreddy Medipally balreddy.m at imimobile.com
Wed Jul 27 06:07:30 CEST 2011

Hi Matt,

	I couldn't found anything like "sda: Uncorrectable error" in
dmesg and I am sure that there is no faulty HDD in our servers.
Actually we are using DRBD for MySQL high availability, so when dropping
some big table like 50GB or bigger than that applications are not able
to access MySQL DB time particular time.

 Below is my drbd.conf file.

# please have a a look at the example configuration file in
# /usr/share/doc/drbd/drbd.conf
#
resource drbd0 {
protocol C;
startup {
become-primary-on both;
}
net {
        timeout 60;
        max-epoch-size  8000;
        max-buffers     8000;
        unplug-watermark        128;
        connect-int     10;
        ping-int        10;
        sndbuf-size     1024k;
        ko-count        180;
        ping-timeout    5;
        allow-two-primaries;
        cram-hmac-alg sha256;
        shared-secret DRBDpassw0rd;
        after-sb-0pri discard-least-changes;
        after-sb-1pri violently-as0p;
        after-sb-2pri violently-as0p;
        rr-conflict violently;
}
syncer {
        rate 200M;
        al-extents 3389;
}
disk {
        no-disk-barrier;
        no-disk-flushes;
        no-md-flushes;
        on-io-error detach;
}

on DB-01 {
         device           /dev/drbd0;
         disk             /dev/cciss/c0d0p2;
         address          ipv4 192.168.169.3:7768;
         meta-disk        internal;
}
on DB-02 {
         device           /dev/drbd0;
         disk             /dev/cciss/c0d0p9;
         address          ipv4 192.168.169.4:7768;
         meta-disk        internal;
        }
}

Thanks,