[DRBD-user] write performance issues

listslut at outofoptions.net listslut at outofoptions.net
Mon Jul 25 22:59:18 CEST 2011

Quoting Zev Weiss <zweiss at scout.wisc.edu>:

> Hi,
>
> Ken, Mark -- any further information on the write performance
> problem, and/or a solution to it?
>
> I'm running 8.3.7 at the moment, I think I'm going to try updating
> to 8.3.11 and/or 8.4 and see if it magically fixes anything (unless
> there are further suggestions on other things to try).
>

> Zev

I've put together a quick test cluster.  DRBD does well on the initial
disk sync.  I just went back and looked at the graphs to make sure it
wasn't my imagination.  I'm beginning to think it has something to do
with the interaction of DRBD/LVM2/GFS2 that is not happy. I did most
of the tweaks I could find and it added up to 50% increase, but going
from 1.5M to 2.0M isn't exactly thrilling.

Ken Lowther