[DRBD-user] Primary Inconsistent- not true, how to fix?

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Jul 25 14:58:09 CEST 2011

Hi again,

On 07/25/2011 02:22 PM, Christian Völker wrote:
>>> What? Do you say the primary updates its data from the secondary during
>> > Generally? No. In your case? Yes :-)
> And why this?

your changed some metadata config detail. So DRBD hat to detach your
backing device, do the change, then re-attach the backing device. It can
usually do this seemlessly.

The problem is due to the activity log, see
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-legacy/s-activity-log.html

In a nutshell, DRBD is nervous about loosing the freshest of writes to
the primary during a crash, and assumes the peer has more reliable data.
Again: Assuming this while being SyncSource is rather stupid, and I hope
DRBD doesn't do it anymore.

Seeing as you're stuck with the version at hand, you will probably need
to look out for this. I'd be curious as to whether this will go kaboom
with more recent versions as well.

Regards,
Felix