[DRBD-user] install 8.4 on debian squeeze 6.0.2.1 amd64

Walter Robert Ditzler ditwal001 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:30:47 CEST 2011

hi user list members,

i have some version conflicts installing the new release drbd 8.4 on a
debian squeeze box 6.0.2.1 amd64 with a boot kernel mainline 3.0.0. the
message what appears while executing the command drbdadm create-md
[DRBD_RESOURCE] is:

***
root at srv-ldeb-xen002:~# drbdadm create-md drbd_server01
DRBD module version: 8.3.11
   userland version: 8.4.0
preferably kernel and userland versions should match.
md_offset 107374178304
al_offset 107374145536
bm_offset 107370868736

Found some data

 ==> This might destroy existing data! <==

Do you want to proceed?
[need to type 'yes' to confirm] yes

You want me to create a v08 style flexible-size internal meta data block.
There appears to be a v08 flexible-size internal meta data block
already in place on /dev/vgmain/lv_server01 at byte offset 107374178304
Do you really want to overwrite the existing v08 meta-data?
[need to type 'yes' to confirm] yes

Writing meta data...
initializing activity log
NOT initializing bitmap
New drbd meta data block successfully created.
root at srv-ldeb-xen002:~#
***

my questions
- is there any deb-packages for drbd 8.4 amd64 running with kernel 3.0.0?
- in case no, do I have to make a install against the 3.0.0 kernel source
and recompile the kernel 3.0.0?

thanks a lot for your help!

walter.