[DRBD-user] pacemaker and xen driven drbd

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Jul 25 09:33:35 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 07/22/2011 03:40 PM, Davide Vaghetti wrote:
> My problem is that the linbit ocf drbd resource for pacemaker need drbd
> not be started by init.d at boot time, but that will oblige me to move
> some 40+ plus drbd devices handling inside pacemaker and modify all the
> xen vms configuration

I may be being dense, but I really don't follow.

So you remove DRBD from your runlevel. Yet you do have
heartbeat/corosync in your runlevel, no?
Seeing as there are DRBD devices in your CIB, pacemaker will start DRBD.
I disbelieve you need to enumerate each last DRBD in your CIB just
because pacemaker wants to be in charge of starting/stopping DRBD.

Of course, whenever you set a node to standby, all your DRBDs will get
stopped. This may or may not be what you want, depending on your scenario.

Maybe I'm missing some other obvious issue.

HTH,
Felix