[DRBD-user] Behaviour of rr-conflict in Master-Master setup

Schattenfell post at michael-neubert.de
Mon Jul 18 10:57:53 CEST 2011

Hello,

a the moment I am using a Master-Master setup of DRBD with the following
policies, if split brain is detected:

after-sb-0pri discard-least-changes;
after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
after-sb-2pri call-pri-lost-after-sb;

These policies are passable for my setup, I know about the risks. However I
am confused about the behaviour of rr-conflict in this scenario. If I use
for example...

rr-conflict disconnect;

... what would happen, in case I have a "after-sb-2pri" split-brain (network
lost)? The documentation says about rr-conflict:

"This option helps to solve the cases when the outcome of the resync
decision is incompatible with the current role assignment in the cluster."

And "discard-least-changes" is defined as:

"Auto sync from the node that touched more blocks during the split brain
situation."

So will there be a sync or disconnect in my case?
And is it right, that "role assignment" means Primary/Secondary Role?

Thanks for every reply, that helps me to understand that topic.

Michael