[DRBD-user] Patch for having init.d script wait for lower level and meta device

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Jul 7 10:54:00 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-06 23:31, Mrten wrote:
> Thank you for pointing me to Pacemaker; however, if one would call the
> learning curve for understanding drbd 'steep', I would call the curve
> for Pacemaker, well, 'straight up'? Really, for what I'm using drbd
> a complete cluster management suite is a bit much.

As a general observation, every time I have heard this in the past three
years the relevant user either ended up implementing a Pacemaker
configuration (good), or hacked up an incredibly kludgy setup not
entirely unlike a cluster manager which put them on the brink of
insanity (bad).

It's really not that hard to set up a working Pacemaker cluster with
DRBD. If you are looking for pointers getting started,
http://www.linbit.com/en/education/tech-guides/ may be helpful.

Cheers,
Florian