[DRBD-user] Patch for having init.d script wait for lower level and meta device

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Jul 6 21:58:56 CEST 2011

On 07/06/2011 12:52 AM, Mrten wrote:
> Sometimes udev is a bit slow finding and enumerating devices, which
> causes a diskless drbd on Ubuntu when the SysV drbd script starts up the
> drbd-device when the meta-device is not yet available.
>

> Attached is a patch for the init.d script which makes the drbd-script
> wait for the arrival of the ll- and md-devices.

Excellent contribution, however if you are getting bitten by this here
is a practical workaround: as a general rule, the preferred management
framework for DRBD is Pacemaker, and on Pacemaker managed clusters it is
entirely appropriate to leave the init script disabled (chkconfig drbd
off). At that point Pacemaker will take care of everything (including
after your udev has settled.

Cheers,
Florian