[DRBD-user] switching to Protocol C

Muhammad Sharfuddin M.Sharfuddin at nds.com.pk
Mon Jan 31 19:12:25 CET 2011

>We had a similar situation,

By the way how much wan link do you have then ?

>though it was with CentOS and Apache/MySQL, not Orrible.

Horrible ... Orrible .. Oracle  ;-)

>Write performance was better with protocol A than it was with C.

Thanks for sharing/feedback

>but even with protocol A, there's been no data loss yet.

great to know this, once again thanks for sharing.

would you also share when using Protocol A, whats the size of
'sendbuf-size' your are/were using ? because I think sendbuf-size
should be high(exactly how much I don't know) when using Protocol A.
And exactly how much bandwidth do you have in b/w the two nodes ?

--
Regards,
Muhammad Sharfuddin | NDS Technologies Pvt Ltd | cell: +92-333-2144823 |

Micro$oft had developed .NET trading platform for the London Stock
Exchange(LSE), claiming that it provided "five nines" reliability.
After suffering extended downtime and unreliability the LSE announced in
2009 that it was planning to drop its
Micro$oft solution and switch to a Linux based one in 2010.

Your Linux is Ready
http://www.novell.com/linux