[DRBD-user] Random write performance drop on SSD

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 13:53:32 CET 2011

Hi Lucas,

That might not be an issue with you config, DRBD does add some write latency and its definitely noticeable with an SSD. Infiniband with SDP protocol should help reduce latency and overhead but there will still be a noticeable write performance drop when using DRBD. Maybe some SSD DRBD user can chime in with their performance findings.

Rob