[DRBD-user] Local Asynchronous Replication

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Jan 25 17:54:50 CET 2011

On 01/25/2011 03:47 PM, Nick Couchman wrote:
>>  got you completely backwards then. No issues with your scenario as far
>> as I can see.
>>
>> About asynchrony, you may want to try Protocol B.
>>

> Right, but how do I accomplish this with two local disks?  Since the
> iSCSI disk will appear local to the system running DRBD, and since I'm
> running Solaris on the iSCSI target side (can't run DRBD on Solaris),
> this seems like the best way to accomplish the task.  I've tried a
> couple of different methods for assigning two local hosts to the same
> resource, and it doesn't seem to work.  That's the real trick to this
> whole thing - how to get everything to operate locally on two local
> disks and not require a second remote host.

These steps may or may not work, I hope DRBD isn't smarter than is good
for itself ;-)

ip addr add 10.213.0.1/30 dev eth1
ip addr add 10.213.0.2/30 dev eth1
echo -e '10.213.0.1\tselfA' >> /etc/hosts
echo -e '10.213.0.2\tselfB' >> /etc/hosts

Then use selfA and selfB as peers in your DRBD configuration.

All of this is untested, but I hope you get the general idea. Yes, the
addresses are arbitrary.

HTH,
Felix