[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.10rc3.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Fri Jan 21 23:38:19 CET 2011

Hi,

This is the third release candidate for 8.3.10.

We had a hard time to get all the rough edges fixed. But finally
our test suite no longer finds glitches. We consider the kernel
code to be frozen with this rc.

We take one more week to give interested parties (internal and
external) the chance to make sure that the new way of packaging
does not cause any griefs.

On some distros (sles10, sles11, sles11sp1 and rhel6) we will
have kernel-version independent drbd kernel modules. I.e.
You will no longer need to fetch/rebuild the DRBD kernel module
when you install the latest and greatest kernel upgrade from your
distribution vendor.

Please note: This is a release candidate, not intended for production.
Please help with testing!

8.3.10rc2 (api:88/proto:86-96)
--------
 * Fixed a subtle performance degradation that might affected synchronous
   work loads (databases) (introduced in 8.3.9)
 * Fixed a locking regression (introduced in 8.3.9)
 * Fixed on-no-data-accessible for Primary, SyncTarget nodes (Bugz 332)
 * Progress bar for online verify
 * Optionally use the resync speed control loop code for the online verify
   process as well
 * Added code to detect false positives when using data-integrity-alg
 * New config option on-congestion and new connection states ahead and behind
 * Reduced IO latencies during resync, bitmap exchange and temporal states
 * Only build a single kernel module package on distributions that provide
   the infrastructure to have kernel version independent modules
 * On 64bit architectures allow device sizes up to one petabyte

http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.3/drbd-8.3.10rc3.tar.gz
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=commit;h=drbd-8.3.10rc3

Best,
 Phil
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.