[DRBD-user] StandAlone state with Dual Primary Node

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Jan 17 09:51:17 CET 2011

On 01/16/2011 11:38 PM, Zack_McFly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some issues using DRBD with two primary nodes and OCFS2. It worked
> fine at the begenning, I was able to shares files  but now my nodes are both
> StandAlone and when i'v got this when I do cat /proc/drbd (on both nodes):
>
> GIT-hash: bb447522fc9a87d0069b7e14f0234911ebdab0f7 build by phil at fat-tyre,
> 2008-11-12 16:40:33
>  0: cs:StandAlone st:Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown   r---
>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:686 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
>         resync: used:0/61 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0
>         act_log: used:0/257 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

Are they both StandAlone?

Watch the respective kernel logs when issueing "drbdadm connect" on both
nodes. There will be an indication of split brain if that's indeed your
problem.

If they are both currently Primary, that definitely *is* your problem.
Even if it has not been the root cause, it's now your state of affairs.

In that case, you will need this:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resolve-split-brain.html

Seeing as you may have two active OCFS instances, it may be difficult to
choose a victim in your scenario. Maybe you can do a data merge of some
kind before you kill one of your FSes?

HTH,
Felix