[DRBD-user] data backup of drbd partition

Simon Jansen simon.jansen1 at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:50:11 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm running a pacemaker cluster based on two Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server
machines. The data that is used by the several resources is stored on a drbd
disk.
I would like to automatically backup the files on the drbd partition with
the backupsystem NetBackup.
So I started to search for solutions and found the article about stacked
drbd resources. I wonder, if this is the usual way to backup the drbd
partition. If it is the best way, how can I backup the files on the off-site
machine? I mean, it is in the secondary role and afaik I can't mount the
partition on the secondary node.

Perhaps someone has implemented a good backup strategy yet and can give me
an hint.

--

Regards,

Simon Jansen