[DRBD-user] strange device problems after failover

netz-haut - stephan seitz s.seitz at netz-haut.de
Tue Jan 11 15:19:51 CET 2011

> > Could anyone shed some light on what could be wrong? Thanks!
>
> I believe I heard something about LVM being smart about aligning itself
> to array stripes. If your stripe size changed, it may be possible that
> LVM expects to find signatures at other boundaries now.
>
> You may want to sync to another array with the original stripe size and
> see if that works.

Thank's for your suggestion, I'ld try this as a last resort. First I have to look for some spare 16TB...
Do You really think, the stripe size of a hardware raid does matter to LVM alignment algorithms?
I peeked into /sys and /proc but I didn't find any exposure of this value to the system at all.

But anyway, thanks!

Cheers,

Stephan Seitz