[DRBD-user] DRBD and KVM for a HA-Cluster ?

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Jan 6 21:22:26 CET 2011

On 01/06/2011 03:14 PM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> How can a dual primary solution works, when i install the VM's in a plain lv ?  Don't i need a cluster aware filesystem (like OCFS2) for a dual primary solution ?
>
> Bernd

Dual-Primary does not require a cluster. The LVM is below the DRBD
device, as you've described your implementation, so it has no expose to
the cluster.

Each LV is, ultimately, an OS and totally independent. The data on each
LV will not be modified from both nodes at the same time, so cluster
locking is not needed (unless you tried to start the VM on both nodes,
which would fail for many other reasons, too).

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com