[DRBD-user] possibility of "pre-sync" ?

netz-haut - stephan seitz s.seitz at netz-haut.de
Wed Feb 23 09:00:01 CET 2011

Hi there,

I'm going to expand two storages by each 16TB. Goal is to export each 16TB as separate LUNs. There's already drbd configured over other exported LUNs.
The drbd devices are exported via ietd iscsi-target. My recent results with drbd-syncing fresh LUNs during heavy I/O requests showed me unexpected high load on the active drbd machine (I think drbd and ietd are concurrently using resources). So my question is: Could it be possible to export the LUNs to another machine and do an initial sync there? I'ld keep the drbd configuration for this drbd device identical.

Cheers,
	Stephan

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

--
Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

   netz-haut GmbH
   multimediale kommunikation

   Zweierweg 22
   97074 Würzburg

   Telefon: 0931 2876247
   Telefax: 0931 2876248

   Web: www.netz-haut.de
   Amtsgericht Würzburg - HRB 10764
   Geschäftsführer: Michael Daut, Kai Neugebauer