[DRBD-user] Error: "FATAL: Module drbd not found" while compiling v8.3.6 from source

Virajith Jalaparti virajith.j at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:04:57 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to install drbd-8.3.6 (from source) on a 2.6.18.8-xen
kernel. I had install the xen kernel from source. I had followed the
instructions of "Chapter 4. Building and installing DRBD from source" at
http://www.drbd.org/docs/install/. I did a "./configure --with-km=yes
--with-xen=yes" followed by "make; make install" in the source
directory. Then, I executed the commands "cd drbd; make clean all" in
the "drbd/" directory in the "drbd-8.3.6" source directory.

This did create a kernel module at
"/lib/modules/2.6.18.8-xen/kernel/drivers/block/drbd.ko". However, when
I do a "modprobe drbd", I still get an error saying "FATAL: Module drbd
not found".

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Virajith