[DRBD-user] Data Rollback on DRBD 8.3.4

jayson.cena at teamglac.com jayson.cena at teamglac.com
Mon Feb 21 01:16:09 CET 2011

hello list,

we are using drbd 8.3.4 with dual-primary setup on our proxmox VE ver-1.5
2 node cluster. before we used this setup, we tested that both disk will
synchronize by migrating the VMs to the other node. We also regularly
check
the status of drbd at /proc/drbd to see that each drbd resources are
uptodate.

But last feb16 morning, our node2 crashed where our 3 fileservers are
hosted. when we restarted node2, the drbd detected a split brain and it
automatically synced. But the problem is that the data on node2 where our
fileservers are running was replaced by the data on node1. we are
wondering
why did that happen even though there is no application accessing or
writing to the drbd resource on node1 because all fileserver VMs are
running on node2.

DRBD RESOURCE FOR EACH LV
       VG->LV (LVM)
       RAID10 as PV