[DRBD-user] Identifying High iowait on DRBD Computers - SOLVED

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Sat Feb 19 16:07:41 CET 2011

Bart,

> The speed of the resync depends on how you configured it.

Usually. It was configured to run a 33M, but it was actually running at
80K.

> I seem to remember you saying that the network was OK.

I did indeed. I had recently run iperf tests on the links and THOUGHT
they were okay. I couldn't have been more wrong.

> This was
> actually why I asked you in the beginning if you were using
> protocol C, since low I/O on the primary node would be a
> result of a problem with write performance on the second
> node, being it because of a problem with the local storage
> there or with the DRBD link.

Yep, you were on the right track. I threw you off with my insistence
that the back-to-back link was healthy. My bad. Still, it would have
helped a lot if someone had said, "Ummm, reality check. 80K?" You know,
a second set of eyes and all that.

> Anyways, good that you have it solved now. On to the next problem ;-)

Never a dull moment. :-)

--Eric

Disclaimer - February 19, 2011
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Bart Coninckx,drbd-user at lists.linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.