[DRBD-user] Identifying High iowait on DRBD Computers

Diego Remolina diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 17 18:29:15 CET 2011

On 02/17/2011 12:14 PM, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> Hmmm... had to reboot the primary. Failover would not happen because NFS
> would not stop. Had to power down the primary. The secondary took over
> fine. The old primary is now running an fsck. With the old primary
> offline, the new primary looks very normal with respect to iowait.

Are you running RHEL? If so, you may need to modify your nfs init script
/etc/init.d/nfs

For some reason when running the default script for RHEL5 on the command
line, nfs stops succesfully. However, when CRM (pacemaker/heartbeat)
tries to stop nfs running the script, it always fails to stop.

I ended up having to change from:

killproc nfsd -2

killproc nfsd -9

In order to have successful failovers with pacemaker/heartbeat of the
nfs server. Not the best way to kill it, but at least it fails over now.

HTH,

Diego