[DRBD-user] DRDB Failover Not Right - Not Replicating Share

chalmc80 chrissychalm at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 12:50:35 CET 2011

Ive had a look at the problem you suggested with activating the VG but I
don't think its that. When I fail over I can only see /dev/data/filer
instead of /dev/data/filer/vms which is on my Master.

I can't give you a print out of vgdisplay -vvv just now, another problem
seems to have cropped up.

I wanted to re-make my Volume Groups to see if it was that and made another
problem. When re-making it didn't work so looked into it further.

Ive ran these commands in order (below) and now it won't failover correctly:
:-((
vgchange –a n <volume group name>
vgremove <volume group name>
pvscan
pvremove /dev/drbd1
pvcreate /dev/drbd1
vgcreate data /dev/drbd1
lvcreate -L 400M -n filer data

What other things could be causing only the share not to display? Would
using software RAID /dev/md0 be anything to do with it?

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 01:56:15PM -0800, chalmc80 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please help me!
>
> I have my DRBD setup with two nodes, using software raid for storage as
> /dev/md0.
>
> I have followed these instructions
> http://www.howtoforge.com/openfiler-2.99-active-passive-with-corosync-pacemaker-and-drbd.
> Same LVM being /dev/data/filer. I then made a share called VMs and
> attached
> it in ESXi with some files copied to it for testing.
>
> The problem is that when I fail over my primary node, the new share that I
> created didn't move. The /data/filer is made but not the share below it.
> Whats going wrong? What am I missing?
>
> I have tried:
> - Invalidating the secondary node and letting everything copy across
> - Running vgscan after changing the filter in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf (as
> instructed)
>
> When I then bring my primary back online the share is still there with the
> files so hasn't been deleted or anything.

Then most likely the data you think you are replicating
is actually not even on DRBD?

Forgot to activate the vg after switchover?

What says
 vgdisplay -vvv