[DRBD-user] Could you please recommend hardware?

Kushnir, Michael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] michael.kushnir at nih.gov
Wed Dec 28 17:41:45 CET 2011

If you don't mind paying for overpriced hard drives from Dell, go with the C2100 2.5" chassis. It takes 24 drives. With 1 x E5620, 12GB RAM, 10GbE Mezzanine card, LSI 9260-8i, and 10 x 1TB Constellation.2 SATA drives it should cost you around $8600-9000 each. Their tech support sucks for the C-series. But their hardware support is good (next day on site in US). However, be aware that Dell only provides drive trays for DELL BRAND drives bought directly from Dell. So , for example, if you buy Crucial/Intel SSDs directly from Dell, you still don't get drive trays. And, finding trays for these servers online has been very hard.

If you don't need the support and are willing to put the servers together yourself look at  http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/4U/417/SC417E26-R1400U.cfm.

Michael