[DRBD-user] DRBD startup error - r0: UnknownMandatoryTag

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu Dec 22 08:53:10 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:
> [root at cpvmdc1 ~]# drbdsetup connect r0 ipv4:192.168.1.100:7788
> ipv4:192.168.1.101:7788
> r0: Failure: (126) UnknownMandatoryTag
> additional info from kernel:
>
> Any idea what this "UnknownMandatoryTag" means?

IIRC, the usual reason is a missing "protocol" option in your config.
You probably want to add "protocol C" to your resource config, or in
your "common" section. Setting this option changed between 8.3 and
8.4; see http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-recent-changes-config.html#s-recent-changes-config-protocol
for an explanation of both syntaxes.

Cheers,
Florian