[DRBD-user] DRBD Split-Brain auto recover

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Dec 9 16:02:53 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 02:01:33PM +0100, Andreas Kurz wrote:
> On 12/08/2011 08:14 AM, trm asn wrote:

> > Below I am getting one packet loss warning message. And due to that it's
> > becoming StandAlone status on both the servers. Is there any mechanism
> > to increase the number of packet drop count in DRBD .
>
> That has nothing to do with DRBD, these are messages from Heartbeats
> messaging layer ... flaky network?

Slight reordering of messages can always happen.
Heartbeat tries to be nice and not warn about it, if it receives the
"missing" messages within a (configurable, short) timeout.

Versions since [I don't know exactly when, also depends somewhat on
platform, compile time and run time environment] until 3.0.5 would
unfortunately set this timeout to zero, so would complain about each
reordering as if it really was a lost packet.

I recommend to upgrade to latest heartbeat.

--
: Lars Ellenberg