[DRBD-user] drbd 'none' io scheduler

Adam Kliment adam.kliment at virtualmaster.cz
Wed Dec 7 16:55:37 CET 2011

Hello,
I'm fighting with weird issue. When I was tweaking IO scheduling and QoS
with ionice I took notice that there is written "none" inside of all
drbd's scheduler nodes in sysfs (/sys/block/dbrd*/queue/scheduler). It
seem's like no io scheduler is available fot drbd devices at all. Could
anybody explain me what does it mean, please? I think it's in conflict
with chapter 13.3.3 of documentation which is about setting io scheduler
for drbd resource to "deadline" to improve io performance.
Btw writing 'cfq' or whatever to that file has no effect. Details here:
http://pastebin.com/77FNEfxG
Many thanks!

Best regards
Adam Kliment