[DRBD-user] DRBD Diskless with LVM

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Dec 7 16:46:54 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 12:52:03AM -0800, mickaelFr wrote:

> Hi Mario,
>
> As my configuration is RHEL6 / DRBD8.4, I understand that this DRBD release
> doesn't support LVM with RHEL6 (or I have a bad use of it) even if RHEL6 and
> CentOS6 have very close implementation.
>
> What is the workaround

Workaround:
	in drbd.conf, say
	no-disk-drain, no-disk-flushes, no-md-flushes.
	does not work in that setup, anyways,
	that's where the "IO error" comes from.
Fix:
	http://git.drbd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=drbd-8.4.git;a=commitdiff;h=c4956f2

which will catch the IO error, implicitly set the things given
as work around above, and retry with those flags disabled.

Though I recommend to stay away from 8.4.0 in production for now,
at least if you use its main feature (multiple volumes per connection),
it shows some serious misbehavior still.

Once 8.4.1 is released, that may be better,
but even what is tagged as 8.4.1rc1 is known to be broken.

> in this case as I can't use LVM and must keep RHEL6 ?
> I only want to replicate my database directory (active/passive) which sould
> have been the logical volume and not the full disk.

Go with 8.3.12 please.

--
: Lars Ellenberg