[DRBD-user] Cluster filesystem question

Kushnir, Michael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] michael.kushnir at nih.gov
Thu Dec 1 20:47:11 CET 2011

I got it now, I think...

So, no matter what, multipathing two separate iSCSI targets is bad... This is just because of how iSCSI works.

Is there another transport I could use to multipath safely to a  dual-primary DRBD? CMAN with GNBD running on each DRBD node? Any other alternative?

Also, an ESX specific question... the software iSCSI initiator on ESX does not allow me to change the default time to retain or default time to wait (grayed out, max 60 but set to 0). So in a scenario where I have to wait for a floating IP to failover (like Digimer's example) I end up with the ESX host freezing up and not recovering. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike