[DRBD-user] Cluster filesystem question

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Dec 1 20:25:45 CET 2011

On 12/01/2011 02:22 PM, Jake Smith wrote:
> [...]

This is true, I avoided multipath. I've heard too many difficulties with
it's use, so I preferred simple/reliable over instant, particularly
given iscsi's inherent robustness.

In my case, the iSCSI-backed LVM LVs were used to host VMs. In one
failure test, the fence failed and it was close to 30 seconds before I
corrected the problem and recovery completed. Even in this long case, my
VMs didn't fail (though they did block on disk i/o, of course).

Again though, my experience only and I'm claiming no expertise. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron