[DRBD-user] Kernel panic with CentOS 6.0, drbd, pacemaker

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Tue Aug 30 15:01:19 CEST 2011

On 8/28/11 11:46 AM, Peter Hinse wrote:
> I got around the kernel panics by using cman/corosync & pacemaker and
> avoid the dlm-pcmk and gfs-pcmk packages (they are no longer packaged
> for RHEL 6.1 anyway).
Are you running clvmd? I spent some time yesterday rebooting my drbd
nodes with various startup processes enabled. If I only had cman start
up, everything was stable. Once clvmd was started at boot time, even if
no filesystems were actually mounted (but VGs were active) it would
kernel panic when I reboot one of the nodes.

I am going to see what happens when I reboot with the vg exported and
need to also look at the updates from RHEL to see if there is a
different version of lvm2-cluster that might fix it. I have some systems
running RHEL6.0 that have an older release of the cluster software that
I will try to replicate.

David