[DRBD-user] Drdb migration help!

Hell Fire hellanfire at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:04:25 CEST 2011

Hello

I have a 2 node openfiler cluster using drbd for replication. Drbd version
8.2.7, kernel 2.6.26.
Im using this disk structure:

/dev/sda1 -> /  root partition where openfiler resides 2GB

/dev/drbd0 on top /dev/sda2  /cluster_metadata   512 MB
/dev/drbd1 on top /dev/cciss/c0d1p1  used for LVM    66GB
/dev/drbd2 on top /dev/cciss/c0d2p1  used fior LVM   66GB

I'm planning to migrate those servers to centos 5.6, kernel 2.6.18, but my
idea is to reuse the drbd disks
without losing data. Is that possible?
i mean i just want to install centos on the /dev/sda1 partition where
openfiler is located, wiping it out and hoping
that centos will detect my drbd disks data without problems..

Suggestions? ideas??

Thanks!