[DRBD-user] ds:Inconsistent/Diskless

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Thu Apr 28 15:19:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

>  0: cs:Connected ro:Secondary/Secondary ds:Diskless/Inconsistent C r----
>
>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:b oos:0
>

> root1:~# mount /dev/drbd0
>
> mount: ne peut repérer /dev/drbd0 dans /etc/fstab ou /etc/mtab

No good: Your DRBD is secondary. You cannot mount that.

> root1:~# pvcreate /dev/drbd0
>
>   Device /dev/drbd0 not found (or ignored by filtering).

Same as above.

You should be aware of what you want your DRBD 0 to be - a filesystem or
a PV.

> i think the problem is with /dev/drbd because :
>

> root1:~# drbdadm attach data
>
> 0: Failure: (114) Lower device is already claimed. This usually means it
> is moun
>
> ted.

So? Is your sdb4 mounted? Is anything else using it? Is it a PV or anything?

Has metadata been created on your backing device, by the way?

You may want to erase sda4 and start your DRBD setup from scratch, using
the existing config.

HTH,
Felix