[DRBD-user] DRBD or not DRBD ?

Eduardo Gonzalez egrueda at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 10:30:47 CEST 2011

Sotty, guys, but is it really necesary to use a clustered file system
for a primary-primary drbd with mysql? Does it really need a locking
system?

About using or not an active-active cluster, it depends on the needs
(high availability, load balancing) but both solutions work perfectly,
as mysql recommends drbd and explains how to use it with mysql
clusters.

And it would be nice having separated NICs for LAN and DRBD:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ha-drbd-performance.html#ha-drbd-performance-sepinterface
You can use /etc/hosts to point other node's secondary nic via hostname:

10.10.10.11 node1
10.10.10.12 node2
10.10.20.1 drbd1
10.10.20.2 drbd2