[DRBD-user] Dual-Primary Split Brain

raveenpl raveenpl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 22:54:35 CEST 2010

Thanks for answer and your proposition.

But I am rather intersted in how it should behave in such situation. I know
that with DRBD I have to way to cope with Split-Brain: manual and automatic
(and automatic way highly depend on your solution).

Let's assume that I would like use only manual way for recovering after
split brain (this is what did you say - I should choose more up to date node
and synchronize data with it). It is ok for me. But are there any good
practices in case of disconnecting two primary nodes? I mean for example:
killing node, switching node to read-only mode and so on? I would like to
know how it should be behave in case of disconnecting nodes.

Cheers
RaveenPL