[DRBD-user] Why "Diskless/UpToDate"? - But drbd works fine!

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Sun Sep 26 14:15:03 CEST 2010

On Sunday 26 September 2010 14:03:42 Ekkard Gerlach wrote:

> I looked in /var/lib/vservers/misc/var/spool/cups  . All recent files were
> there. Thats the proof  DRBD is working.
>
> Is "Diskless" a hoax?

DRBD is working indeed, exactly as it should. Diskless is not a hoax. Your
haupt2 really is not using any local storage right now. With DRBD, even a
diskless node can be promoted to primary. But it will fail if the only
remaining node with local storage falls out of the cluster.

Check dmesg or syslog to find out, why it had to drop the local storage.

Regards,
Stefan