[DRBD-user] connect error -22 with SDP/InfiniBand

J. Ryan Earl oss at jryanearl.us
Tue Sep 21 18:03:13 CEST 2010

So here's a further update:

I tried uninstalling MLNX_OFED-1.5.1 and using the CentOS5.5 OFED, which is
1.4.x based.  The SDP connection worked without a manual drbd-setup
invocation.  However, as Lars believed, the performance didn't appear
affected by the connect() problem.  SDP on the CentOS OFED was about 1-2%
worse than the MLNX_OFED-1.5.1.  SDP on both was about 65-70% of IPoIB
throughput in DRBD.  So SDP is performing at about two thirds of IPoIB for
DRBD.  Overall, SDP and IPoIB of the MLNX_OFED-1.5.1 outperformed the same
protocol in the CentOS OFED by about 1-3% from what I saw.

Another interesting problem is that you can't bond back-to-back dual-port IB
cards in 2 servers.  Each port is a separate fabric when not connected to a
switch, and ib-bonding only works if they are on the same fabric (ie
switch).  This is the opposite of the Dolphin Express cards, which combine
the ports into a single fabric when back-to-back.

Any chance you would take a feature request to support multiple network
interfaces for DRBD devices, even if active-passive only? =)

Cheers,
-JR