[DRBD-user] What is the recommended recovery action/config for rules 5 and 6

putcha narayana putcha_laks at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 06:35:03 CEST 2010

DRBD version: 8.0.16

We are forced to use this version of drbd, because of the older kernel version.

Every 10 failovers i run into  either rule_nr = 5 or rule_nr = 6.

Its been over a month since we are trying to figure out the rootcause for this, but in vain.

We have terminated all apps accessing drbd partition before calling drbdadm secondary all and umount drbd partition.

With this change we are able to run about 30 failovers successfully. But we have hit rule_nr 5 after this.

Can any one of you help us with recommended recovery action / config change for rules 5 and 6.

*rule_nr = 5;
 peer = mdev->p_uuid[Bitmap] & ~((u64)1);
 if (self == peer)
  return -1;

 *rule_nr = 6;
 for (i = History_start; i <= History_end; i++) {
  peer = mdev->p_uuid[i] & ~((u64)1);
  if (self == peer)
   return -2;
 }