[DRBD-user] "become-primary-on" when drbd network connection is interrupted

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 13 16:54:43 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 11:12:57AM +0200, Robert @ GMail wrote:
> Dear list's friends, I've noticed one strange action on two nodes with the
> following listed drbd.conf setup.
>
> The two nodes are crossover connected with two bonded nics, set for high
> availability, not for performances.
>
> For some reason, at the startup the bonded drbd network didn't came up
> correctly (could be for the crossover connection? Forget it, it is not the
> issue I'll talk about)), so it was not possible to ping 10.1.1.x each other,
> no connection for drbd.
>
> The supposed scenario I expected to be WFConnection on both nodes, and it
> was, but with Primary/Unknown on the server-1 and Secondary/Unknown on the
> server-2.
>
> My issue is that they both were Secondary

You just said server-1 was Primary?

Anyways, if DRBD is told to become Primary by someone (like the init
script), but cannot become Primary for some reason, it says so in the
kernel logs.  Find the kernel logs from the time frame where you think
DRBD is misbehaving, and see if it complains about anything.

Or maybe the init script did not even get that far as to try and promote
whatever is configured?

--
: Lars Ellenberg