[DRBD-user] Performance vs number of drbd partitions

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:20:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've got 4 servers each with 12 drbd partitions (300GB each). All partitions
are run as primary/secondary (no dual primary).
Am I likely to see much of a performance difference if I drop it to 6
partitions (600GB each) per server? Logic dictates that this will be true,
but since I don't understand the inner workings of DRBD, more small
partitions may be better than less large ones.

Thanks
Guy

--
Don't just do something...sit there!