[DRBD-user] Problem with DRBD and CLVM

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Sep 9 19:17:34 CEST 2010

On 10-09-09 01:06 PM, Adam Gandelman wrote:
> On 09/09/2010 07:18 AM, Digimer wrote:
>> vgcreate -c y drbd_vg0 /dev/drbd0
>>   Found duplicate PV 4BbAHN2mFIP5pJsUE1ktdjSBwgFegmaG: using /dev/md3
>> not /dev/drbd0
>>   Error locking on node <node name>: Command timed out
>>   Can't get lock for orphan PVs
>>
> You're essentially not using DRBD anymore and now running CLVM commands
> on a non-shared (local) disk.   Adjust your filters in lvm.conf to
> ignore those underlying devices and try again.
>
> Hope that helps,

That was the trick. However, I've not been able to fathom a filter
argument that simply ignores '/dev/md3'. It's working now by only
accepting DRBD and rejecting the rest.

Simply 'a|/dev/drbd*|' or 'r|/dev/md*|' doesn't seem to be enough. It
makes me a bit uncomfortable knowing that I'll have to remember to
explicitly allow all future devices, rather than specifically ignoring
the troubling one. Any suggestions there?

Thanks!

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux at alteeve.com