[DRBD-user] drbdadm verify speed

Ravi Kanth raveeknth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:01:24 CEST 2010

My machines have 4 processors (Intel Xeon CPU E5430 @ 2.66 Ghz) on each
machine, 4GB RAM and 2.6.18-194.11.4.el5 linux kernel version.

Problem I was trying to solve was syning the data between 3 machines.
Consider we have 3 machined A, B, C. If you sync A-B then disconnect them
and connect B-C then they are synced for the first time. Now If we
disconnect B-C and reconnect A-B and write some data onto the disks, these
data changes are not getting recognised or found when we connect B-C. So
when I do a drbdadm verify I can find the out-of-sync blocks. But this
process seems to be very slow (60Mbps). Is there any other way to find out
of sync blocks on the disks?

Is there any way I could (i mean drbd) write to metadata, changes that are
being made even when the disks are connected as primary/secondary?

If I have 4 processors, will they be all used? Or should I make any changes
to use all of them? Does increasing RAM might have any
increase in performance?

Ravee