[DRBD-user] drbdadm expects /usr/local/etc/drbd.conf but linbit:ocf tries /etc/drbd.conf

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Oct 20 13:06:02 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 03:12:23PM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> On 09/30/2010 01:26 PM, Koch, Sebastian wrote:
> > and saw that there were erros concerning the drbd.conf. The
> > ocf:linbit:drbd uses /etc/drbd.conf as the OCF_RESKEY_drbdconf and my
> > drbdadm tool always wanted to use /usr/local/etc/drbd.conf (maybe this
> > is compiled into the drb-utils, I wasn’t able to figure that out)
> > therefor the pacemaker always refused to let the secondary node connect
> > to the drbd device.
>
> hi,
>
> what about doing something like this in drbd.ocf:
>
> -OCF_RESKEY_drbdconf_default="/etc/drbd.conf"
> +OCF_RESKEY_drbdconf_default="$(DESTDIR)$(sysconfdir)/drbd.conf"
>
> and update these values via configure?

I don't think I like that. I dislike our usage of configure,
but we had to do that move to comply with some packaging guidelines.

Just "configure" with something sane, not the insanity autofoo and
packaging guidelines forced upon us.

Which would be, as suggested by our "autogen.sh":
./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc

Or better yet, _package_ drbd as .rpm or .deb,
which will do the configure properly for you anyways.

I'm very much unsure if DRBD will function properly
if you deviate from that. It may.
We certainly do not test any other locations.

--
: Lars Ellenberg