[DRBD-user] problem with syncing new changes on disks

Ravi Kanth raveeknth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:31:51 CEST 2010

Hello,

In my 3 machine config A, B and C. I want A - B cluster to be primary and
get all the real time data changes. Then I would disconnect B and connect it
with C to just copy the changes that we made. And then Connect B back to A,
while A was still getting changes made to it. So now B gets the new changes
from A. This way I could get stable changes (only changes I would like)
rather than realtime changes (like errors) onto C.

Problem I am facing is when I connect A-B and make changes there is no
change in UUID, but some activity in Activity log and bitmap. I don't
understand how it is checking the activity log but it is not seeing the
changes.

Now when I disconnect and connect it to C, it is either raising
Split-Brain,  or showing 0KB marked out of sync when B clearly has changes
to it.

Is there any way I could change UUID on C so that it always starts to sync
from B (not full disk syncs) or stop split brain.

###############

A - B conf file

global {
usage-count no;
}
common { syncer { rate 1G; } }
resource r7 {
protocol C;
handlers {
pri-on-incon-degr "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall;
/etc/init.d/hearbeat stop ";
outdate-peer "/usr/lib/heartbeat/drbd-peer-outdater";
}
on ninja1 {
device /dev/drbd7;
disk /dev/loop0;
address 10.0.2.150:7788;
meta-disk internal;
}
on ninja2 {
device /dev/drbd7;
disk /dev/loop0;
address 10.0.2.151:7788;
meta-disk internal;
}

net {
allow-two-primaries;
sndbuf-size 512k;
timeout 60;
connect-int 10;
ping-int 10;
ping-timeout 5
ko-count 0;
max-epoch-size 8096;
}
}
##########
B - C conf file

global {
usage-count no;
}
common { syncer { rate 1G; } }
resource r7 {
protocol C;
handlers {
pri-on-incon-degr "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall;
/etc/init.d/hearbeat stop ";
outdate-peer "/usr/lib/heartbeat/drbd-peer-outdater";
}
on ninja2 {
device /dev/drbd7;
disk /dev/loop0;
address 10.0.2.151:7788;
meta-disk internal;
}
on ninja3 {
device /dev/drbd7;
disk /dev/loop0;
address 10.0.2.152:7788;
meta-disk internal;
}

net {
allow-two-primaries;
sndbuf-size 512k;
timeout 60;
connect-int 10;
ping-int 10;
ping-timeout 5;
ko-count 0;
max-epoch-size 8096;
}
}

Can any one please let me know, why the activities in activity log or
changed bm is not getting copied to node C?

Ravee