[DRBD-user] Effects of zeroing a DRBD device before use

Sunny sunyucong at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:40:48 CEST 2010

For option 2) I am having the same problem, I roughly found it is
related to that I enabled the "Storage IO control" on the parent VMFS
store.  Which has a congestion control throttle from 30ms to 100ms,
that's not necessarily enough in this setup.

So when VM write to iscsi -> iscsi target writes to VMFS -> VMFS
writes get throttled -> iscsi target is staled -> VM hangs

and in my case, ESXi itself also locks up because of the iscsi IO
queue overflow, which is very bad :-(

So, disabling that storage IO control on that vmfs store where your
iscsi target host resist on, may help. also, move to a dedicated
machine and a backup plan is not that expensive but more reliable.