[DRBD-user] pacemaker/corosync fence drbd on digest integrity error - do not wait for reconnect

Dmitry Golubev lastguru at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:45:41 CET 2010

hi,

Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> Disable digest-integrity.
> Buffers seem to be modified while being written out.
> Which I consider bad behaviour. But it is still "legal",
> and all filesystems seem to do it under certain circumstances.
>
> Digest-integrity with dual-primary is not a very good idea.
> Also, dual-primary mode of drbd does not necessarily add to your
> availability, so think twice if you really need it.

Is it safe to disable integrity checking? Isn't there a chance to
synchronize corrupt data without it? Or TCP should handle this task good
enough?

Regarding dual-primary, I was originally planning to use it, however I
walked away from this opportunity because I can't figure out an absolutely
reliable way to prevent both nodes from starting the same virtual machine,
except for using additional filesystem layer (which would have some
performance impact), like ocfs or something. So I gave up KVM live migration
due to this (in hope to revise this decision in future, though).

Thanks,
Dmitry