[DRBD-user] uuid_compare()=-1000 by rule 100

Pavlos Parissis pavlos.parissis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:38:00 CET 2010

On 25 November 2010 11:43, Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:32:02AM +0100, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
>
>> I guess the result of -1000 on uuid_compare is quite cryptic and
>> doesn't give you much information on the root cause.
>
> Then don't focus on that line, but on the next:
> Nov 24 15:00:27 pbxsrv3 kernel: block drbd2: Unrelated data, aborting!
>
> Still cryptic?
Yes :-)
what is unrelated data? Can this occur also in other cases? or just in
my specific scenario?
Is this uuid check for the node itself of the data?
I know I am asking to much but a log line like "request from unknown
host" or something similar could be more specific.

BTW, I was very surprised when I saw DRBD handling this scenario
without causing any data loss or corruption.
You have done so good work on protecting the integrity of the data
hold on DRBD where even stupid human errors like mine can not break it
that easily.

Cheers,
Pavlos