[DRBD-user] cluster migration CEntOS 5.0 to CentOS 5.5 / Shared Storage to drbd

Martin Fuerstenau martin.fuerstenau at oce.com
Tue Nov 23 12:55:51 CET 2010

Hi,

I am running a 2 node cluster (CentOS 5.0) for Nagios and Cacti.
Currently I am using a fibre channel connected shared storage. During an
upgrade (2nd node runs CentOS 5.5 now) I ran into a problem with my
fibre channel switch (i can't connect to the storage). Well - I had
planned to switch to drbd after my upgrade.

And now my question:

Is it possible to establish drbd on one cluster node (so I can move
Nagios etc. to my 2nd node) and later on, after upgrading my 1st node,
expand drbd to my 1st node (unfortunately it is not possibe to use the
drbd83 packages with CentOS 5.0 without a kernel update)

Thx

Martin Fürstenau

Senior System Engineer • (OI12) • Océ Printing Systems GmbH
P.O. Box 1260, 85581 Poing • Siemensallee 2 • 85586 Poing • Germany
T +49 (0)8121 72 4684  F +49 (0)8121 72 4996
E martin.fuerstenau at oce.com

Océ enables its customers to manage their documents efficiently and
effectively by offering innovative print and document management
products and services for professional environments.

Executive Office: André Mittelsteiner, Manfred Maier
Registered Office: Poing, Landkreis Ebersberg – Trade Register: 113205 –
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 88805443

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.