[DRBD-user] RedHat Clustering Services does not fence when DRBD breaks

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Sun Nov 21 21:40:18 CET 2010

On 11/19/2010 10:45 PM, Joe Hammerman wrote:
> Hey all, we are attempting to roll out DRBD in our environment. The
> issue we are encountering is not with DRBD itself but with RHCS. Does
> the DRBD device need to be defined as a resource in order for it’s
> breaking to trigger fencing? The DRBD nodes are VM’s, and the DRBD
> devices are incorporated into LVM’s with GFS2 formatting.
>
> Should I use the DRBD fence-peer handler script to call fence_vm?

OK, try this:

<resources>
<drbd name="drbd-httpd" resource="apache"/>
</resources>

<services>
<service autostart="0" domain="foo" name="bar">
<drbd name="drbd-httpd"/>
</service>
</services>

And try to migrate this service around the nodes to see if it works. In
drbd.conf you don't need to set fencing, let RHCS do all the fencing.
Last thing you want to happen is for drbd to fence node1 while cluster
fences node2. I use default settings for drbd (standard
/etc/drbd.d/global_common.conf.

Although to be honest I don't understand what your particular problem
is? You want a node that drops out of (drbd) sync to perform automatic
reboot? GFS breaks in that case, right?

--
Jakov Sosic